Dental veneers are a comparatively new advance in fashionable beauty dentistry. Earlier than dental veneers, beauty dentists used dental crowns to change the form and shade of a tooth. Dental crowns might be used to re-shape the tooth to fill an area, lengthen a tooth and even right minor orthodontic points. The drawback of a crown is that a lot of the tooth’s pure construction is misplaced to make room for the crown.
The appearance of the dental veneer introduced a number of benefits to beauty dental sufferers – the first one being that veneers can be utilized cosmetically in a lot the identical approach as crowns, however with out almost as a lot lack of the pure tooth construction.
What are Veneers?
Dental veneers are very skinny, customized crafted shells of tooth-colored supplies which cowl the entrance floor of enamel.
They are often comprised of porcelain or from resin composite supplies. Porcelain veneers resist stains higher than resin veneers and look extra pure since they mirror mild a lot because the enamel of pure enamel.
Resin veneers have the benefit of being thinner and due to this fact require even much less elimination of the tooth floor. It is really helpful that you just talk about along with your beauty dentist the only option of veneer for you.
Benefits of dental veneers
They fabricated from porcelain supply a bunch of benefits when in comparison with composite bonding or dental crowns.
Whereas veneers nonetheless supply the identical means to vary a tooth’s shade and form as dental crowns, veneers are thought of a extra conservative remedy.
Simply as with porcelain dental crowns, the usage of porcelain within the fabrication of the veneer makes it naturally stain resistant. Porcelain veneers look extraordinarily pure and when used on a person tooth, porcelain veneers are shade matched with neighboring enamel to provide them a blended and pure look.
What dental issues can veneers be used for?
Dental veneers are utilized by dentists to unravel a wide range of beauty points. These embrace:
• Shaping of enamel: enamel could be lengthened or shortened to make the smile in proportion to your facial options
• Areas between enamel: enamel could be widened to fill areas between enamel
• Enamel staining: sure sorts of enamel staining, corresponding to staining attributable to tetracycline or different medicines can’t be corrected by enamel whitening procedures; veneers can cowl the sort of staining
• Broken enamel: this class consists of chipped or damaged enamel
• Crooked enamel: minor orthodontic corrections could be made utilizing dental veneers
Are you a superb candidate for dental veneers?
It is essential to think about the long-term results of any beauty dental process. For instance, the usage of dental veneers isn’t reversible and though they will final a very long time, as with all dental restoration, they are going to finally should be changed.
Make sure to ask your dentist your entire questions on dental veneers and decide in case you are a superb candidate for a similar.
The next are some further info about porcelain veneers which will assist information a extra detailed talk about along with your dentist.
• Shade: For those who plan on whitening your enamel, do that earlier than getting Clip on veneers, then match the whitened shade of your pure enamel to the veneers. They can’t be whitened.
• Suitability: Your dentist will let you recognize if you happen to’re not a superb candidate for veneers. A few frequent causes for this might embrace: unhealthy enamel with an insufficient quantity of current enamel on the tooth floor or for individuals who clench or grind their enamel.
• Sturdiness: Veneers are very sturdy, however ought to they chip or crack, they aren’t repairable.
The dental veneer course of
Having porcelain veneers sometimes requires three appointments at your dental clinic. The primary appointment is a session to reply your questions and design a remedy plan based mostly in your wants. Two further appointments might be wanted – one to organize the enamel and the opposite to use your new dental veneers.